Saturday, July 2, 2011

We Hold These....


So appropriate for this month.
In my ramblings with company,
we spent the day in West Point, MS.


This store front window to the Hardware Store
was adorned with the second sentence of
The United States Declaration of Independence
known as The Preamble.

Remember memorizing this in school?

The students of a local school had decorated
the store fronts in this small town.
I did not bring my camera with me,
this was taken with my phone.
 I would have loved to have taken some
more pictures of the other windows.

Happy 4th of July!

6 comments:

Lori said...

Happy 4th, glad to see Lucy on your blog too! Amazing story and show of faith from that little family!

Dorothy said...

Hope you are having a great 4th of July Weekend! I hope people will think long and hard about our nation....where we came from and where we are headed. I hope wisdom and good sense will prevail when we have the privilege to vote again!

Vee said...

You captured a good one! What a fun project for kids to do. Yes, I did memorize that once upon a time...I should test myself to see how much I remember.

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

How wonderful,there are so many things right with Mississippi-only the bad gets in the news though!Well, I guess that goes for the whole country doesn't it?

printed golf balls said...

Your kids are done a wonderful work and best to share with us. I hope people will think long and hard about nation. Good job.

printed golf balls said...

I am really very glad after read here and I appreciate for the information that you presented here.