Monday, July 4, 2011

~~FaSt FoUrTh FaRe~~

We were "SO BLESSED" this afternoon!
An afternoon thunderstorm blew in bringing
temps down from 96 to 78.

Quickly, while the hubby was grilling
I threw the tablesetting together under the gazebo on the deck.
(these little metal flags were purchased at Dollar General)


I had some Americana items grouped together
 in the kitchen for the month of July.
I brought them along with the lamp to the table
 and added a denim table cloth and red check napkins.

The antique corn dishes are one of my favorite items
 in my kitchen cupboards!


Just a little closer view of my tricked up napkin ring. :-)


NOW, for the menu:

fresh corn from the garden
shish-ka-bobs
grilled pineapple
iced sweet tea


The pineapple was so juicy!


The table was cleared and we played a few rounds of Skip-Bo.
What a fun and relaxing day!

Most of the time I don't take the time
 to add the special "little" touches,
but I'm learning that each time we share a meal
 it should be
acknowledged as "special"!

I'm joining the others this week for some really great parties.
You are welcome to visit.
Just click on the links below and see what the other's
are bringing to the parties!


 

 

13 comments:

Unknown said...

What a *special* celebration Karen! Your table is lovely and the food looks WONDERFUL! We love grilled pineapple. Happy 4th :)

Blessings!
Gail

Anonymous said...

How fun! Everything looks so festive and the food delicious. That's a lovely place to share a special meal!

Dorothy said...

What a beautiful table setting!!! Glad you had a wonderful celebration!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen! Oh, I could be jealous - you got some rain! We're so very dry here! Love your pretty table setting! Your food sounds so good, especially that pineapple.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Very pretty setting! I am glad you had a great day despite the weather. Looks like it was fun and delicious!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

What an inviting table you put together. I love your menu...yummy!!! Sure glad your temps dropped so you could enjoy being outside. I'm so glad you popped in, I've missed your visits.
hugs ~lynne~

Anonymous said...

Food looks very nice and table amazing, I lake it!

Have a nice day, kisses:)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love your beautiful patriotic tablescape and the menu sounds sooooooooo good. Beautifully done. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Wow, very nice for a quick throw together! Your food looks yummy. I am so glad we have been getting some rain and cooler temps too.

Julie Harward said...

Now this looks like a good evening...everything is so pretty! And the smell of the rain..enjoy! :D

Anonymous said...

Your table looked really nice and the food did, too. Yum! I like that you could put such a great look together in short order.

elizabeth said...

Hi Karen! Loving your fourth of July photos! I've grilled other fruit, but that pineapple looks pretty yummy!
Thanks for offering to go get the little cups and saucers that match the plates on my wall. I don't want you making any special trips and would only want them if they're super cheap. Do you remember at all how much they were?

Stephani Cochran said...

What a festive table! As you know I'm not a big fan of pineapple, but having it grilled intrigues me. May have to try that. I'm sure my hubby would love it!