I rested Sunday afternoon while sitting in my chair. But, the quietness of the room, made me aware of one thing. The repeating noise.
The ticking of the clock, the small one, the one whose hands move. It had been noticed earlier in the week. I had planned to remove the batteries.
But, Sunday afternoon as I stretched out under my throw, (the ticking) became one of those "moments" meant for my attention. The constant was a reminder of "great moments" pushing by, am I allowing myself to linger to acknowledge and recognize each one as grace gifts from God.
I will not be slipping the "life giver" out of the little clock. The ticking will be used as a reminder that "each movement of the hand counts."
These life giving moments have been given to me - to say thanks.
For my learning, drawing close and looking unto the
"Giver of Life"
and for seeing them written on paper.
180. the cheery chirp
181. the sooner than expected UPS delivery
182. rays of sunshine across the floor
183. new books by my chair
184. oldest loves his job
185. the warmth from my throw
186. better yet the warmth radiating from sweethearts feet
187. youngest cleaning yards
188. yellow roses in calloused hands
189. listening ears of a caring doctor
190. the swishing noise of the dishwasher
191. the Wednesday night moon
192. e-mails of encouragement
193. flag waving outside the window
194. humbled by prayers, bare feet & water
195. Sunday rest for the whole family
196. music to remind "to worship while I'm waiting"