Saturday, September 4, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

It's a beautiful day in our neighborhood.....
the weather is fabulous,
the smells from the kitchen are scrumptous
and all of my fun-loving boys will have
their feet under the table this weekend.

Just thought I would share some of the photos of the day.


Home-made Sour dough Bread and Cinnamon Rolls
(some are missing~~taste testing @ breakfast)
 Gooey-Caramel Chocolate Cake


Cake Recipe:
Chocolate cake mix (bake according to box in 9X13)
poke holes and pour jar of caramel & a small can of condensed milk over the cake and
when cool top with Cool Whip
(I haven't put cool whip on it yet.)
Place in refrigerator!





Thinking of our LA friends who are BIG FANS!





We can have fun, food, fellowship because of our FREEDOM!

I am linking up to Foodie Friday.
Go get a taste!

5 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

Karen it sounds like a great day filled with good times. The cake looks delish. Yum! :)

Janis Van Keuren said...

Looks scrumptious and inviting. Have a wonderful Labor Day with your family. I like the the photo of the flag and the personal warmth conveyed in the photos you chose to display.

Have a blessed Labor Day,
Janis

Anonymous said...

I"m coming to your house to eat :) Looks awesome. I love cinnamon rolls.

Lynn said...

You've been busy! I'm sure your sons are looking forward to your home cooking, looks great! And I love the shot through your stained glass:@)

Decor To Adore said...

Oh boy does this look good! What time is desert? :)