Saturday, October 2, 2010

Reluctant to Change



"When you are reluctant to change,
 think of the beauty of Autumn. "
 — V.B. Brown



To make a change is not easy and not common.

We like our routines and develop comfortable ruts.
(Max Lucado)

Are you needing a change ?


Lord, only you can change me.
  I realize the power to make a change comes from the Holy Spirit who is living within me.
I pray for a deep and more intimate relationship with
 God through you, Jesus Christ.
 
 
John 14:16-17
16 and I will pray the Father,
 and He will give you another Helper,
 that He may abide with you forever--
17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive,
 because it neither sees Him nor knows Him;
 but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

What a beautiful day to worship our
 Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

It is Sunday and I'm joining the others at

15 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Change...it is so good for us..we would be so small without it! Have a nice Sunday :D

Mya said...

These are such pretty and colorful fall pictures to accompany your lovely thoughts and prayer.

Anonymous said...

Karen, this post is beautiful.

Sonya said...

Querida que post maravilhoso! todos nós precisamos de mudanças mas somente o Senhor pode fazer a mudança que estamos precisando . Mudança de dentro para fora. eu oro ao Senhor todos os dias buscando essa mudança pois quero ser verdadeiramente nova criatura. em Cristo.Lindo muito lindo o seu blog Que o Senhor Jesus continue a te usar a cada dia . TENHA UMA SEMANA SUPER ABENÇOADA BEIJINHO NO CORAÇÃO

Nikki (Sarah) said...

I fight change..I'm afraid of it but need to remember with Him in it...it'll be okay. Thanks so much for this.

Betty Jo said...

Karen your decor and photos are gorgeous! The message on change is wonderful too. I've had a lot of change lately, and I trust my Lord is allowing it all for His glory. ♥

Donnie said...

Lovely, I just read his book, Outlive your life, and it was very good. Love your gentle post- felt uplifting. thanks

Elizabeth Dianne said...

Beautiful post, dear friend and I pray that I will always be willing for change to occur in me. Love the pictures.

Heather said...

Karen, this is perfect. There are changes that I am going through, led by His Spirit and this post just confirmed to me that I need to be firm in this ♥ Don't you love it when He works through you?! :)

michelle said...

very nice

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful post.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Charlotte said...

What beautiful pictures. They make a wonderful illustration for beautiful change that the Holy Spirit can and will make in our lives. Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Kathy@ Gone North said...

Thank You! I was driving home tonight, a few hrs. alone, praying that God direct the change in my life. Enjoying the fall colors here in Michigan, & believing that only God could have come up with the colors of Autumn. And then your title confirmed what I was praying.
Thanks!

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

This is a prayer that I pray often for myself. What beautiful pictures to go with a beautiful heart.
God Bless,
Ginger

Renee said...

I love the quote about change and autumn....especially since it is my favorite time of year....Lovely post!