Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pillow Project

I cannot get credit for this one!  And unfortunately, I cannot give credit where credit is due, because of "dying brain cells".  I saw this idea, hopefully someone will see it and they will know who come up with this nifty idea, so I can give recognition and shout "it is great"! 

Pillows for the Deck

(click on the photo to enlarge)

What you will need:  Dollar store placemats (the kind that are vinyl) that are double stitched on the sides.  I got mine at Big Lots. 

What you do:  remove stitching on one side approximately eight (8) inches.   Stuff with polyfill and stitch back up. (It was hard holding as you sewed~it wanted to slide.)  But, hey they are for outside! 

Results:  A perfect patio or deck pillow that is water resistance and  can be wiped off.

I am so excited!  I can mark off one of my projects to be done and at the same time enjoy looking out my kitchen window at them. I just wish I would have completed my project earlier in the summer.  But, you know how that goes, stack it back!


The humidity is getting lower in MS.  I'm looking forward to enjoying outside more and might even try-out those new pillows. :<)



 



8 comments:

the Stork Nest said...

Hi Karen,
i like your blog MUCH and LOVE the music. if you are a flower lady, like your beautiful header indicates, then we are kindred hearts....... This is beautiful! tabitha

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

So cute!!! Love that yellow! :) Thanks for the visit!

Karli @ The Bonnie 5 said...

These are fantastic! Wow, I wish I had an ounce of creativity! :-) What a great idea. Thank you also for your sweet comment on my blog. You're totally right...we'll definitely know which little fingers those were in 20 years. No question! LOL! :-)

Paula@SweetPea said...

I love the fun pattern that you chose for your pillows. I need to look for placemats at the dollar store after seeing these!

Vanessa said...

Hi! I think we got the link up and working now! And good thing because I LOVE this idea so much and will probably be stealing it to make some outdoor Fall pillows for my chairs! Thanks so much for joining the party today!
Blessings to you,
Vanessa
http://southerninmyheart.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What a great idea!!!! Now...if I only owned a sewing machine!
xo
lynn

Debbie said...

I'm having a eureka moment! I love this idea, and I hope you do find your out who your inspiration was. I'm thinking that I might be able to get some summery ones right now on big old sale to use next year AND find some fallish ones too.

I'm going on a placemat hunt...
You have inspired me.

Erin @ ekat's kitchen said...

That's so much fun!!! Yellow always makes me happy. I want to add color to my yard/home now!!

www.ekatskitchen.com