Wednesday, August 25, 2010

HOMEWORK!

I was reminded this morning, school is still in session for me...


A teenager with a strong-will gives me the assignment... I don't know the "right" way to respond, the best way to instruct and discipline.
  
My heart is pricked and I realize that I do have the textbook, God's Holy Word, The Bible and The Best Teacher in all of creation.   The Star Teacher, knows that I will be humbled and overwhelmed in the assignment and is waiting to give me the right answers.  I've got to listen, bring my pencil and paper to class and take notes.


It's not trial and error on this one.  You only get "one shot" at it, the test is only administered once. 
I don't want a X on my answer.




Thank you Lord, that You are the One at the blackboard and it is an open-Book test!

Proverbs 23:12 AMP
 Apply your mind to instruction and correction and your ears to words of knowledge. 





Lord, thank you for humbling me this morning, and reminding me that I need to study for the exam.  The one you have entrusted us with is giving me the test.  Lord, You have the answers and I want to get an A.  Let me have the courage to share with our children that we will always be in the classroom getting instructions and taking notes.  We will let them know that our teacher is, YOU.






holy experience

3 comments:

scarborough2 said...

Karen,
This is beautiful! Praise Him - our patient, ever loving Teacher!

Traci Michele said...

I SO SO SO SO LOVED THIS POST. It blessed my heart. Thank you.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Great post, Karen! :) I love the verse you shared today. Thank you for the visit. :)