Tuesday, May 21, 2013

~Doing A New Thing

 
"Behold, I am doing a new thing!  Now it springs forth;
 do you not perceive and know it and will you not give heed to it?
  I will even make a way in the wilderness
 and rivers in the desert.   Isaiah 43:19
 
 
 
 When the LORD says to awake and be alert,
 we need to ready ourselves.
 Our minds cleared from the clutter,
 our ears open to hear HIS voice,
 and our shoes tied and ready for the way ahead!
 
 He wants us moving forward, forgetting those things behind. Forgetting what?  Those past mistakes that we have asked forgiveness for. Those hurts and disappointments that we are being held captive to.  We need to place them under our feet once we have placed them at HIS feet.   Allowing them to become stepping stones we can stand upon as stones of testimony - remembrances of HIS faithfulness. We are not to put them before us, allowing them to slow and stumble us on our way forward.   They are to be as the stones that are laying at the bottom of the creek bed, allowing the flowing waters to make smooth, while flowing freely through and over.  The polishing of these remembrance stones are reminders of HIS work and faithfulness in our lives.  He is continually smoothing, reshaping, and moving us forward so we can allow HIS love and grace to flow freely in and through us.
 
 

A lot has sprung forth  ~  not speaking time & flowers only ~ in my life, these past months. The seeing & perceiving HIM at work while doing this new thing has brought such joy and excitement.
When we are allowing JESUS to fill our hearts daily, through our time spent with HIM, we cannot keep the overflow inside,
 it  must be shared with others.   
 
Places of my Heart, has a new look, and a much clearer direction.  Guess you could say HE has set my feet on a new path!
 
 
 
I am hoping to share on a more consistent basis. I have enjoyed blogging and sharing for almost three years now.  It's just my way of journaling life and my walk with the LORD.   
 
The next few weeks will be an adventure - packing and getting ready for a mission trip to Honduras!  My first!! My husband and I, along with our youngest son, will be traveling with a mission team from our church. He has placed a peace and excitement in my heart about the trip and I look forward to sharing it with you, right here, at Places of my Heart.
 
Seeking JOY in the Journey,
~Karen 
 
*Update: I had made plans to move Places of My Heart over to a Word Press site.  This will not be happening.  Google reader issues and receiving updated posts via email could not be worked out. I will continue using my BlogSpot site.  Thank you for bearing with me as I have worked through these issues. 
 

3 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

Beautiful photos and thoughts, Karen. Thank you for sharing them today. How exciting for you to go on a missions trip. Have a blessed week. Pamela

Ruth Hiebert said...

I so enjoyed reading this post. Your thoughts are wonderful and the pictures stunning.Have a wonderful trip as you serve for His sake.

Elizabeth Dianne said...

I'm so excited about what God is doing in your life, Karen, and also the lives of your family members.

I will be anxious to read of the preparation of your hearts to go to Honduras and the ministry that you get to do while you are there.

So glad you are back.

Missed you a bunch.