Wednesday, July 3, 2013

~asking for freshness and words

 
 
 
this morning as I pulled the soft blue cotton shirt
 over my head, the one that has a flower pot on the front
and the words
love + grace = life + joy
 
a fresh mental reminder came flooding
  

babies were held close to this one
 
 
I have struggled for weeks ...
how to find words for the fullness of my heart
to be able to share what my eyes have seen
 
 
hoping to describe how humbling it was for
my hands and feet to be "HIS hands and HIS feet"
 
and how HE overcame the language barrier
with tears and a touch!
 
I will praise You, O LORD, with my whole heart;
I will show forth (recount and tell aloud) all Your
marvelous works and wonderful deeds!
Psalm 9:1
 
Praying HE keeps it fresh in my heart
and continues to give me the words to describe
The Great Adventure!
 
 


11 comments:

scarborough2 said...

Your hands and your feet follow your mind and your heart. Ravi Zacharias

S. Etole said...

Such beautiful people. They say once you've gone on a missions trip your heart is forever changed. Thank you for sharing these with us.

Ruth Hiebert said...

A smile and a loving touch are the same in all languages.I am glad you were able to bring love to these people.

Pamela Gordon said...

What beautiful blessings and memories of your trip, Karen. I can tell you are changed. Blessings to you. Pamela

Sandy said...

How wonderful, Karen. I know you will be changed forever. I see His love in your eyes.

Shelly Wildman said...

I am sure you gave lots of love from that really big heart of yours. So happy you could have this experience!

NanaDiana said...

Karen- When the spirit is willing God always finds a way to make things happen, doesn't he? Blessings- xo Diana

Lori said...

How wonderful to have a mission trip and what a blessing you must have been for them.

elizabeth said...

I love this glimpse into your trip! You look happy. :)

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Beautiful! We are the only hands and feet He has. What a great experience you must've had, and a blessing you must've been.

Janis Van Keuren said...

What a change to be His hands and feet. Your face is full of joy and your heart overflows. So happy you were blessed by this missions trip. Those lives you touched will be filled with the love of the Lord.
Blessings,
Janis