Thursday, January 26, 2012

St. Mary's Cathedral ~ Natchez, MS

~this past November we made a stop in Natchez, MS
the above picture was taken standing on the bank
of the Mississippi River over the state line in Vidalia, LA
looking back across the river to Natchez

The sun was beginning to make its first appearance
 on that Saturday morning.
I love how the sun's glow is highlighting
the church steeple.

We drove back across the bridge and took our
youngest on a quick drive through downtown
Natchez.  He enjoyed the drive through the
historic downtown, as much as a teenage boy
would.  But, I insisted that my husband stop
and let us go inside...



the steeple that was captured in the
first picture belonged to this grand church


I was very surpised when I entered the foyer
and there above the doors was this sign

Eucharist ~ Thanksgiving

as we stood in the foyer and read the words of how to
enter the church in reverence... I prepared the youngest
who had never entered or attended a church of this faith
all new surroundings for him awaited as he opened the doors

~Breath-taking~


he was in awe & I too was still over-taken with the beauty


My husband and I had made a visit to St. Mary's Cathedral
back in the early 90's.  But, the beauty and architecture are still amazing as the first visit.


it was the mid morning hours and
the sun was streaming in the windows


as we stood in the quiet,
with only whispers to each other


thoughts came of my Saviour's life, death, and resurrection
so thankful He rose from the grave
 after the horrible death on the cross
~~~
but, after loading the pictures I thought of the
scriptures found in Isaiah 6:1-5
describing God's glory
His train filling the temple
and how Isaiah describes himself

In the year that King Uzziah died,
 I saw the Lord sitting on a throne,
 high and lifted up, and the train of His [robe] filled the temple.
Above it stood seraphim; each one had six wings:
 with two he covered his face, with two he covered his feet,
 and with two he flew.
And one cried to another and said:
 "Holy, holy, holy [is] the LORD of hosts;
 The whole earth [is] full of His glory!"
And the posts of the door were shaken by the voice of him who cried out, and the house was filled with smoke.
So I said: "Woe [is] me, for I am undone!
 Because I [am] a man of unclean lips,
 And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips;
 For my eyes have seen the King, The LORD of hosts."
Isaiah 6:1-5 NKJV

Hope you enjoyed the tour~
Karen