Monday, August 16, 2010

Thanks-Living List



John 1:16
The Amplified Bible
For out of His fullness (abundance) we have all received
 (all had a share and we were all supplied with)
 one grace after another and spiritual blessing upon spiritual blessing
 and even favor upon favor and
 gift (heaped) upon gift.
(please don't miss out on the blessing by not reading and absorbing this promise today)




God's promise in His inspired Word is truly a confirmation to my
One Thousand Gift List. 




Posted by Picasa

Last week I began... My One Thousand Gift List.
 Not things I want, but things I'm given each and every day.
 This list may read simple, but these could be taken or never given.
 As the day unfolds I write them on paper and share with you on Mondays.
  They are gifts that I need not take for granted or never acknowledge.

 Each one is making my senses come to life.

  I now am becoming more aware of what is given me in twenty-four hours.
  My prayer is "these treasures of mine will make you aware of gifts given to you".


I've chosen to increase my joy.
 my list continues...

21.  the smell of summer rain
22. hummingbirds out my kitchen window
23.  the movement of infant feet in the buggy @ Wal-mart
24.  clean crisp white cotton sheets
25.  memories revived when opening the cedar chest
26.  a husband with a servant's heart
27.  conviction when reading written words by an inspired blogger
28.  plants were fertilized from Heaven
29.  phone calls to my mother
30.  the new found song "I AM" by Nichole Nordeman
31.  when husband's eyes and mine meet and linger
32.  mopped floors
33.  our discarded mattresses given to a grateful new homeowner
34. HE (The One who gave Himself for me) is listening to my heart and taking my burden


"Lord, I pray those who read my gift list today, will begin to slow and start opening their eyes and heart to what You are giving." 




4 comments:

-t- said...

#21, takes me back to my childhood & the first time I realized that you really could smell summer rain!
Thank you for sharing your gifts with us today :)

Janis Van Keuren said...

Hi Karen,
I love your country home blog (I may say this every time I stop by). Your Scripture verse made me think about the blessings the Lord pours out on us each day. Blessings upon blessings. Wonderful to count them.
Blessings,
Janis

Sarah said...

the smell and anticipation of rain in our desert .. thanking along with you. As always a joy to splash around in thankfulness. Your blog, simply delightful.

Splashin',
Sara

sheri said...

I'm visiting for the first time from Southern in my Heart. I love your blog and it's message. Such a great, inspiring read.