Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Family and Friends

Posted by Picasa
You can click on the photo to enlarge it. 

Monday, I asked the question what makes you smile from ear to ear and what brings you joy?  Let me share where those heart searching questions came from.  Sunday morning's sermon.  I was most likely the only one who heard those two questions, my husband did not.  But, that doesn't matter, it was meant for me!  I have made myself think.  Hey, that's what my journaling was suppose to do.  :)  Above is part of the results of my thinking.  I shared a few photos of family and friends who bring me smiles.  Of course, I couldn't share all! I asked my husband the unheard question, and he responded after a brief delay.  (I already knew the answer.)  He said, "one thing is children and babies".  That's him up at the top holding one of the many who now have a place of his heart in Honduras after this summer's mission trip. You will also see our youngest son in an orange shirt holding a primitive guitar (banjo), whatever; he said it only had a couple of strings on it, but that picture makes me smile and brings tears.   Music is what makes him smile, I can't help but think, looking at that photo, he is in his element, but out of his comfort zone in Honduras with his dad.  You will also see our oldest son with his chocolate lab.  He loves the outdoors and people, that's what makes him smile.   The photo close to the bottom is a special one.  It was taken in June at my husband's grandmother's  90th birthday celebration.  Alot, of memories flood my mind and heart when I look at her.  The hours we have spent laughing and playing cards.  She holds a special place in all of our hearts.   

One thing that I must share before I click publish post, is one of the most important things, that makes me smile from ear to ear.  When someone realizes their need for a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.  Guess what?  We got to share in that moment Sunday Morning.  He was smiling from ear to ear and we were too.  I've shared ALOT today; just hope you start making your mental list of what makes you smile. 

my mouth praises thee with joyful lips, when I think of thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the watches of the night.  Psalm 63:5b-6 RSV

2 comments:

Jana Endris said...

This post and these pictures make me smile! Thanks for sharing and making me think about the things that make me smile! Love, Jana

morethanthestarsinthesky said...

Very inspirational blog!


Amanda